Ausonio proudly serves California’s Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties with affordable housing construction. Whether you plan to build new temporary homes for agricultural workers or renovate an occupied apartment complex to serve low-income residents better, our team will build it right and build it to last.
Kinds Of Affordable Housing Projects
When you mention affordable housing, most people imagine government-subsidized apartments owned and maintained by a public housing agency. Agencies, non-profit organizations, and private employers may also manage traditional townhouses, single-family homes, and apartments. Tenants usually pay rent based on their income or on the lower end of the current market rate.
- Multifamily Homes – Apartments, Multiplexes & Townhouses
- Single-Family Communities
- Senior Communities
- Accessible & Adaptable Units
- Low-Income Apartments
- Co-Op Communities
- Workforce Housing
A newer type of affordable housing is cooperative or “co-op” housing. Both subsidized and market-rate rental units are available. All co-op residents, no matter which unit they occupy, contribute their time to building maintenance and community governance.
Sheltering The Workforce
Workers in many American cities may have a more difficult time buying or renting homes in the places where they work. They don’t make enough to afford luxury homes, but they make too much to qualify for subsidized rents.
Workforce housing serves the middle class by increasing the supply of homes available at a price point they can afford.
Affordable Home Construction Challenges
Modern home construction projects emphasize walkability, diversity of use, and high-quality architectural design. Urban sites also strive to be green and connected to public transit. The prevailing trend is to offer a mix of affordable, middle-income, and market-rate units. This technique helps to offset many of the challenges that affordable communities face during construction.
- The federal LIHTC program provides less funding for affordable housing than before.
- Potential developers are forced to find ways to complete construction without adding to their budget.
- New developments often come with lengthy approval processes.
- Some local governments don’t have a comprehensive plan to address homelessness, public housing needs, and associated regulations. The final element is vital for building middle-income units without the need for subsidies.
- Investors may see affordable housing as a high-risk, high-cost proposition with long terms for returns.
Construction Management & Design-Build Services
Whether you’re interested in classy apartments with a walkable, urban design, or basic workforce housing for seasonal employees and long-distance commuters, our team has the skills and expertise to build places people are proud to call home. We have extensive experience constructing new buildings and redeveloping existing ones for our commercial clients. We invite you to browse the residential projects in our portfolio.
- Access to resources and experts every step of the way.
- LEED consultants to help create greener communities.
- Project managers who develop an accurate budget, forecast the scope, and create micro schedules for maximum efficiency.
- Architectural design teams to plan for actual site conditions.
- Our collaborative construction management approach allows all stakeholders to give input from day one.
Schedule A Consultation
Help more people transcend poverty. Provide adequate housing for our state’s essential seasonal labor force. We’re happy to partner with public agencies, developers, investors, and property managers trying to offer this much-needed service. If you’re looking for a general contractor near Salinas who can bring your affordable housing vision to life, contact us at Ausonio today.