Construction Rotation Internship
Company Name: Ausonio Inc.
Job Title: Construction Rotation Intern
Location: Onsite – Castroville CA
Contact: Human Resources
Contact Info: (831) 633-3371
Expected Pay: $20/hour
As an intern at Ausonio Inc., you will gain hands-on experience between the Project Engineering and Field departments. You will have the opportunity to work in the office and on-site, where you will train through observation and assist on projects at your skill level. Due to time constraints, it is unlikely that interns will work on one specific project from start to finish. Instead, interns will work on various projects at different stages in order to understand the full scope of the process.
This position is best suited for recent graduates and current students who want to explore the many roles available in the construction industry. Each department has different expectations and responsibilities, so we encourage those who work well in a fluid environment and have strong multitasking skills to apply. This internship has the potential to lead to full -time employment at Ausonio Inc. in the future.
- Organize subcontractor lists and obtain price quotations (Bids or RFCO’s)
- Solicit bids from subcontractors and prepare/obtain documents for bid submission
- Participate in bidding procedures – document prep, organization, and delivery of bids
- Print & organize plans, specs, and other project documents
- Organize project documentation
- Cooperate with field and office teams to deliver the project on time and in budget
- Communicate technical concepts clearly to a range of different audiences
- Use Bluebeam to work with plans
- Shadow field staff on job sites
- Apply for project permits
- Attend job walks
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing occasional front desk coverage (greeting customers, answering phones, receiving packages)
- Attend meetings and/or committees for educational purposes
- Run occasional errands
The dates of this internship are somewhat flexible, as it is intended to fit within a semester or seasonal break.
About Ausonio Inc.
Since 1959, Ausonio Incorporated has been the trusted leader in single-source design and construction throughout California’s Central Coast and beyond. Founder Andrew E. Ausonio built a reputation for excellent quality and expertise in construction. Now in its second generation, the company headed by Andrew P. Ausonio continues this tradition. Our interdisciplinary approach to our projects and our method of construction management provides on-going accountability.
Ausonio Incorporated is the only local firm led by a licensed engineer, and we are proud to employ some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry. This team seeks to apply the highest standards to each project to deliver results that represent our commitment to quality and our community.
Apply For An Internship
Thank you for your interest in an internship with Ausonio, Inc. To be able to offer you an interview, we request the following information: