Ausonio is seeking a Construction Project Accountant to join our growing team covering multiple clients and projects throughout the greater Monterey area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,000
- The focus of this position is working with and through others, building
and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within
- There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who can
stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to
their needs and concerns.
- There will be many different people to meet and work with. The person in
this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business,
agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management,
the team, and the company’s customers. A persuasive, teaching style of
communication is required to communicate the company’s policies,
programs, and systems.
- A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work
is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly,
correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on
relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others
is necessary to maintain and grow relationships.
- As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as
correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and
established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with
and for others.
Project Accounting: As a Project Accountant you will be responsible for preparing monthly construction billing draws, monitoring subcontractor invoices for accuracy, pulling job reports and analyzing for project profitability, working with our teams to ensure each project stays on track and within budget.
- Produce timely and accurate monthly draw applications (Quick Bills, AIA and Standard SOV’s)
- Validate subcontractor/supplier payment requests
- Verify subcontractor and supplier compliance of project specific required documents
- Code invoices for project costs and overhead allocations and enter into accounting software
- Coordinate with construction field personnel throughout project on project issues, status, etc.
- Review project budgets and construction status
- Produce project profitability reports and analysis
- Monitor preliminary notices and issue joint checks (when applicable)
- Prepare and track subcontractor/supplier lien releases
- Support staff in other duties as needed
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned
- Successfully balancing varied activities across multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-first attitude. Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a range of different audiences, dedication to building longterm business relationships.
- Expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Utilizing established standards and procedures and working as a team in developing innovative improvements.
- Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Team environment: lead by example, using first-hand knowledge of area of expertise and input from team members to build consensus. Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve skill development goals and exceed client expectations
- Knowledge of modern construction accounting software, including Procore, Sage
- 1-year related experience
- Must be detailed, organized and customer oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once and meet deadlines in a high-volume team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of internal and external associates
- 401k plan
- Health Dental Life and Disability Insurance (Employee 100%)
- PTO (vacation/sick) Holiday
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan matching (Owner’s Discretion)
- Profit-Share (Owner’s Discretion)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org